Custom Search

Thursday 19 February 2009

Chiropratic Bean Therapy

I bought my Bean primarily for stretching my back and doing the back strengthening exercise where the rounded bottom of the Bean is face up and you hold your arms and legs outstretched like Superman flying, but I also discovered a chiropratic use for the Bean ... As a Cad Draftsman I sit all day and sometimes my mid to upper back gets what I call a kink in it ... I take a large towel, roll it up, then sit and lay back on the Bean in it's rocking position, place the towel at whichever part of my back has the kink and just rest there, sometimes stretching my arms out over my head, until my spine pops much in the same way as when a Chiropractor pushes on it ... Since I've discovered this I've not been to my Chiro since, as once I get that readjustment my back feels just fine ... PS - Also if you puncture your Bean, if it's not to large a hole (mine was about a 1/4" tear), I've found that a 1 1/2" round bicycle tire patch works just fine (follow the same procedure as patching a tire sans the quick lighting of the glue if you do it that old fashioned way


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More