Custom Search

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Quick Health Tips

it is a blog of health tips written by a final year med student. Atif writes the kind of posts you would expect to see on a health blog, there are a couple of posts on how to stick to your health goals during the holidays, quitting smoking, don’t drive when you can walk, that type of thing. But there are also posts that are not the typical health blog posts. might make you hesitate the next time you think about riding a roller coaster, and an interesting article on

The writing style on this blog is pretty average. The writing style is easy to read, however, judging from the grammar I think that English may not be the author’s first language.

Many of the posts are written in a list style. An introduction paragraph, a list, a concluding paragraph. I think lists can be a very effective form of writing, however, as always for me :) , I would like more information. For example, this blog has an article on green tea that lists the benefits of drinking green tea. The list just causes me to ask questions. How can green tea prevent cancer. Where did you hear that green tea prevents food poisoning? How can it do that? Wnen the author steps away from the list style, I find the posts more interesting and informative.

Many blogs like to include a picture with every post. And in general that is good blogging practice. However lately it seems that the pictures are of attractive women in suggestive poses that have nothing to do with the content of the blog. includes a picture with each post. All of the pictures are relevant to the posts’ content, which is important. but what I really like, is that many of the pictures are of good looking men!

I think the author has the beginning to what could be a very interesting blog. People are interested in health topics. I would suggest the author work on his/her writing style. Give us more information, and write on health topics that are different from the average internet fare. I probably have read 100 holiday blog posts that tell me to eat lots of vegetables at Christmas parties, but I have read only one blog post that told me my heart my beat irregularly after I get off a roller coaster.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More