Custom Search

Monday 16 February 2009

Healthy Choice says

Wild Salmon Fillet Slices Over Penne Pasta & Broccoli Florets with Creamy Dill Sauce

Adina says: So it has been about 15 minutes since I’ve eaten this meal, and I am still alive. Amazing, since I just ate three full salmon fillets cooked in the microwave. There is something so unholy and seemingly unsafe about cooking raw fish to fruition in the microwave that I half expected to drop dead right there after the first bite. But I didn’t and haven’t and so I guess that means it is time for me to review this meal versus just sitting here, contemplating my sorry sack of a life.

I am having a hard time deciding which way to go with this review. On one hand, I didn’t die! (Plus!) On the other hand, I just ate microwaved salmon. (Minus.) I’m sort of full! (Plus!) But with microwaved salmon. (Again, minus.)

It wasn’t bad. It was the way cooked salmon usually tastes, maybe even a bit more tender than most salmon. And the overall meal wasn’t bad tasting. The sauce would have definitely been the poster child of Healthy Choice sauces if it weren’t for the dill. The dill actually pushed the taste a little beyond “well accented” into “I can’t feel my tongue and I am now having nightmares about a dill plant eating my face.” At first, I wasn’t that fond of the face eating dill plant feeling, but then I was like…well, it is dill. That is the way dill can be. And every now and then, it can be exciting and kind of delicious, even if it is in a Little Shop of Horrors kind of way.

My final word on this meal - if you don’t have a problem with eating microwaved fish, then this is the meal for you. It is fairly tasty and filling and yes, it makes your life flash before your eyes, but it flashes slowly, so it is not that bad. If you do have a problem with eating microwaved fish, like I apparently do, then don’t eat this meal. You will spend the next three hours thinking about all the things in your life that you are grateful for.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More