Custom Search

Friday 27 March 2009

How To Motivate Yourself To Lose Weight, Burn Fat, And Build Lean Muscle

Are you having difficulty on getting motivated to lose weight, burn fat, and build lean muscle? The following is a little trick you can do so that you would end up actually addicted to fitness!

What are your common emotions and thoughts when it comes time to get to the gym, or on your home gym, etc.? The feeling of you not wanting to go thorugh with the workout because it is tiring, physically demanding, causes you to sweat profusely, you're out of breath, it causes your muscles to burn, and so much more. I have bad news for you, all those things are SUPPOSE to happen! There is no way of beating all of those physical changes when it comes to successful exercising. If you don't feel those aformentioned body changes, you are not going to see results.

However, no one said that how you lose weight, burn fat, and build lean muscle has to be boring. Make it so that some form of your workout is something that you will enjoy. That is the little trick you can use to motivate yourself to get into fitness at a more consistent level. Motivating things to get you to the gym could be bringing your own favorite music on a walkman, ipod, etc. that you can listen to for getting that extra energy while working out, it could be you swimming after your workout, using the tanning booth, using the massage chair, or doing some other type of fun activity after or during your workout.

For example, with myself I love to play basketball. There just so happen to be an indoor basketball court at my gym. So, I use my desire to get on the court to play some basketball as a source of motivation to get to the gym on a daily basis ( I go 5 days a week). I do my workout (warm up, weightlifting, incline treadmill), and then go play basketball for 30 minutes or so.

Since I have been going to the gym consistently now for a very long time, I now don't need motivation, I just get up, get my fitness clothes on and go. Once you actually get mad if there happens to be a day you just can't make it to the gym, that's when you will know you are now addicted to fitness!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More