Custom Search

Friday 27 March 2009

My Muscle Building Transformation Contest Diet And Fitness Plan

I mentioned in the other post that I have joined a muscle building transformation contest. I started on February 3, 2009 and went into full contest mode February 22, 2009. The reason I waited a few weeks to turn it up a notch is because I wanted to get myself and my body prepared for the following plan:

Exercise:

I'm pretty much doing the same things I usually do but with more intensity. With cardio, I split it up between doing 20 minutes on the incline treadmill (high intensity) and 20 minutes of low intensity basketball (basically to cool down).

Monday - Legs, 40 Minutes Cardio
Tuesday - Shoulders, 40 Minutes Cardio
Wednesday - Back, 40 Minutes Cardio
Thursday - Arms, 40 Minutes Cardio
Friday - Chest, 40 Minutes Cardio
Saturday - Abs
Sunday - Rest



Nutrition:

I'm basically sticking to around 1700 calories daily which is about 300 calories less than my maintenance (2,000). Based on my exercise routine and diet, I should be averaging about 3 pounds lost every week. My diet primarily consists of:

  • Oatmeal (can't live without it!!)
  • Egg whites
  • Fruits and veggies (mainly apples and broccoli) (broccoli is steamed to help in maintaining nutrients)
  • LOTS of chicken breast
  • Beef once a week
  • Tuna two to three times a week
  • Olive oil (in moderation) (I use it on chicken breast and some other dishes)
  • Brown rice (steamed)
  • Whole grain english muffins (no high fructose corn syrup!!)
  • Grits
  • Yogurt
  • Fat free milk
  • Protein shakes
  • Almonds (in moderation)
  • Peanut Butter (in moderation)
  • Cereal (once in awhile) (this is one of my guilty pleasures I refuse to let go of!!)
That's pretty much my diet. Now, just to be clear, I don't eat all of those things every day, it's just what is basically on my "menu" to choose from.

Also, I eat several times a day to keep my metabolism running strong and to prevent getting hungry, and I also keep a journal of what and when I eat on a daily basis.

Since last week when I went into "full contest mode", I've so far lost 4 pounds and I have gained more muscle and strength. Needless to say, my plan is working and I'm on my way to hopefully winning $25,000!!! Woohoo!!!

I hope that by sharing with you guys my fitness and nutrition plan I can provide you with some inspiration and motivation to either get started or continue your plan to get a better body.

The best bit of advice I can give you is to make sure you stay 100% CONSISTENT with your plan and you'll reach your goals in no time!

If you need a good nutritional plan to help you, I recommend for you to download the created by the popular diet program, You can read my review of it


P.S. The above photo is how I envision myself looking at the end of the contest (I'll upload a photo of myself soon).....just maybe a little less muscle bulk!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More