Custom Search

Friday 27 March 2009

Oatmeal From Heaven!

Good morning guys!

I apologize for the lack of posts recently. I have been extremely busy with this muscle building contest. By the way, I am progressing very well and will upload photos within the next few weeks of my transformation!

In today's post, I would like to talk about an oatmeal recipe that I have that is not only incredibly delicious but also incredibly healthy and effective for fat loss, weight loss, and to build/maintain lean muscle.

Ingredients:

Quaker Oats (Quick)
Raisins
Protein Powder
Cinnamon
Frozen Blue Berries
Frozen Strawberries
Fat Free Milk

Instructions:

1. Use the 1 serving instructions for the Quaker Quick Oatmeal.
2. Use water for the cooking process instead of milk.
3. Add 1/8 cup of frozen strawberries cut into slices.
4. Add 1/8 cup of frozen blueberries.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
6. Add 1/8 cup of raisins.
7. Cook in the microwave for 2:30 minutes.
8. Add 1 scoop of protein powder (I use the banana cream flavor protein from Optimum Nutrition).
9. Add 1/4 cup of fat free milk.
10. ENJOY!!!!! You'll swear you're having dessert for breakfast!!!

Nutritional Facts Of This Dessert.....I Mean Breakfast.....

Calories: 372
Carbs: 51.5 Grams
Protein: 31.5 Grams

Now, this breakfast is my post workout meal which is why the amount of carbs and protein is high. If you are trying to burn off fat, I recommend this meal be your highest carbohydrate meal. For your remaining meals of the day ( I recommend 6 to help boost your metabolism ), try to keep the carbohydrate amount low and get a good amount of protein with every meal.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More