Custom Search

Thursday 26 March 2009

Why You Should NOT Exercise With Joint And Muscle Pain

When you consistently exercise with joint and muscle pain, the pain you would then feel is your body's revenge on you for being hard headed....and you don't want that....since your body will win that battle each and every time!!

Trust me, I'm living proof of my body backfiring on me....because I was stubborn!!

If you've been following my now 7 month old blog (woohoo!), you've probably heard me mentioning a few times that I have problems with my knees. Although I had and still do have knee problems (patella tendinitis), although I had to go to the doctor for my knee problems, although I had to go to physical therapy for my knee problems, I STILL....like a jackass....continued to do hard impact cardio such as playing basketball!!

What's the end result? Continued pain, and I STILL have this problem!

What do I do about the pain? I ice my knees, take ibuprofen, and call it a day. What's missing from that? Rest? Continued physical therapy? Start doing low impact cardio and avoid playing basketball until my knees are better? How about all of the above?!

Listen, learn from my mistakes, do not exercise with joint and muscle pain. If you feel pain, rest and get it treated! I know you want to get out there and exercise to get rid of that annoying fat and lose weight. However, what are you going to do if you end up with a PERMANENT condition due to you putting too much stress on your body and ignoring pain you may be feeling?

There are a ton of things that can happen to your body when you exercise with joint and muscle pain. The best way to avoid problems is to make sure you are doing the proper things prior and after your exercise sessions. Things such as stretching, warming up before you exercise, etc., will make a tremendous difference in preventing injuries, joint problems, and muscle soreness. Also, if you feel pain, don't ignore it, and consult your physician as soon as possible to prevent prolonged issues......trust me! ;)

You could also check outprogram by Rob Poulos of which is an excellent program designed to help you get toned muscles, burn off fat, plus strengthen and condition your body to help in making your body less prone to receiving pain and injuries from exercise.

Treat your body right and it will repay you with extraordinary results. And these results are results we all want....a great body, both internally and externally.

Alright, I'm off to the gym now. I'm going to try hard to not even look at the basketball court! I need help, I'm too addicted to playing basketball! Well, at least I'm addicted to some form of exercise and not fried foods like I was before!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More