Custom Search

Thursday 26 March 2009

Want To Actually ENJOY Exercising? Here Are 3 Tips To Help You Make Exercising Enjoyable!


At this point of my journey to build muscle, exercising for me is about one step away from being an addiction. It doesn't take much for me to get up and go exercise. However, when I first began, the thought of sweating and huffing and puffing definitely was not appealing. To actually develop motivation to exercise, there are few pointers that can help you:

Tip 1 - Variation:

Trust me on this, if you approach your exercise routine by doing the same exact types of exercises all the time, you'll end up getting bored and will end up losing motivation. Mix it up. On you chest day, instead of barbell bench press, do dumbbell bench press. When you do cardio, instead of the treadmill, one day do the elliptical, another day play a sport, etc. By switching up your routine, you will certainly avoid burnout.

Tip 2 - Habit:

To make exercise effective, you have to make it a habit. This is another golden rule of motivation to exercise. Not only will you be more motivated and committed to your exercise plan, you will also notice results a lot more quicker. Pick a certain time of the day when you know you commit at least 30 minutes and do your workout each day at that time. Stay 100% consistent and not only will you begin to enjoy working out instead of seeming like a chore, you will get yourself in shape lightning fast!

Tip 3 - Friends:

Having a workout buddy is a tremendous motivating tool, in fact, it may be the most effective motivating tool. Hitting the gym or the pavement for a jog/walk with a friend, etc. can help keep your energy levels high and make you look forward to your next exercise session. I myself don't have friend with me at the gym....probably because I turn into "psycho mode" when I hit the gym...lol, but I highly recommend it especially if you are just starting out.

So, if you are looking for ways to actually enjoy exercising, try those 3 tips above to increase motivation and go get yourself in shape!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More